BET was launched in 1980 by media entrepreneur Robert L. Johnson. Having gained experience as a lobbyist for the cable television industry in the late 1970s, Johnson saw an opportunity to reach African American audiences through a cable TV channel.
Why was bet created?
– Viacom-owned BET, created in 1980 as Black Entertainment Television to give African Americans a place on TV where they can see themselves consistently represented, plows ahead with its mission.
What was the first video on BET?
Video Soul is a 2–hour long American music video program that originally aired on The Black Entertainment Network (BET) from June 26, 1981 to September 1996.
|Starring||Donnie Simpson Sherry Carter|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||120 minutes|
Does BET stand for?
BET. Black Entertainment Television network. Community » News & Media.
Does bet still show music videos?
Just as MTV stopped its airing of music videos, so has BET (which also isn’t surprising seeing as they’re both owned by Viacom). … “106 & Park” added so much to its programming that it forgot what it original purpose was: play music videos and introduce new music artists.
How do I get free bet plus?
How to sign up for BET Plus
- Visit the BET+ website and click “Start your free trial.”
- Provide an email address and password and click “Agree and Continue.”
- Provide your card information and click “Subscribe.”
What shows came on BET?
- Being Mary Jane (2013–2019)
- Rebel (2017)
- The Quad (2017–2018)
- Hit the Floor (2018)
- In Contempt (2018)
- The Family Business (season 1) (2018; moved to BET+)